I thought that Chapter 1 had of information in it and it also gave some great resources. I agree with the chapter, that it's important to have our children reading. This increases vocabulary, comprehension, imagination, I do believe that reading what one likes is better than having the book picked out by someone else. I think when I was in school and was able to choose the reading material that I was interested in, I think I would have enjoyed reading more. I started reading on a regular basis about seven years ago, and I read what I want and when I want.
My son hates to read, but he has a comprehension and a speech disability. It's a struggle for me to get him to read or do anything that is school related. I try to explain to him how important for him to learn to read. I try to get him to read to me or let me read to him, and hi fights with me.
The chapter talks about how reading helps children's social skills, cognitive development.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment